• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verbose stack traces in packaged AIR app?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct that it's not possible to get "verbose" stack traces (i.e. stack traces with line numbers) in packaged AIR apps?

Adobe, is there any chance you will support this feature with a future version of the AIR SDK? It would be enormously useful in tracking down errors in the wild. As it is, when a customer hits an error that could be occurring in several places in a given function (a null-pointer exception, for example), I frequently have to do a lot of guessing and redeploying of the app to track down the bug if I can't repro it locally.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that some companies are using the Crashlytics SDK in Air to collect better exception logs. There is a free freshplanet ANE for Crashlytics but the process of integration is not straight forward. I do not know if that includes AS3 code line numbers, though. (If you find out, please let me know)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not - it's something Adobe would need to add to AIR (it's currently only possible when running a debug build in adl, but not otherwise, unless I'm missing something).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you looked into this? Because it seems that Crashlytics is actually able to generate error logs including code lines for Adobe Air, if you set up everything correctly. It seems you need to extract the .dSYM files that contain debug information:

Re: ADT doesn't produce .dSYM file anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines