Highlighted

Very strange bug with AIR and native process (Windows 7, EXE)

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone!

The situation is:

I've made an AIR Application, inside of that is running a native process - EXE file.

I'm using Flash CC as IDE and tried to use compile that as EXE with AIR 2.6 and 3.6 - results are same.

So I've insert inside a checking if Native Process is supported or not and the Native process is supported all the time.

When I've just installed the application and run it - the very first attempt is good - everything is working as a must: internal EXE is called by my Application with necessary parameters as many time as I'm need.

However if I'll close the App and then will run it again - internal EXE is not starting at all, doesn't depends on number of attempts to re-start of the App.

So only way is to uninstall, install it back and then you'll be one more session of successful internal EXE-requests, till the next re-start of the App.

That's it.

I've tried to "google it" but unsuccessful. Probably the bug is very rare.

Help me please?

Update: at compilation with Flash CC IDE it's working all the time with no any issues.

Update-2: when I'm running installator-EXE, there is going a notification "Same version is installed, etc." and then selected "Run Now" - there is also working with no problems.

Well, I've found the solution and answer by myself and here is it please:

In case with same situation as above you need to add just one line in your AS3-code

nativeProcessStartupInfo.workingDirectory = File.applicationDirectory;

And you will be happy so much

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Very strange bug with AIR and native process (Windows 7, EXE)

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone!

The situation is:

I've made an AIR Application, inside of that is running a native process - EXE file.

I'm using Flash CC as IDE and tried to use compile that as EXE with AIR 2.6 and 3.6 - results are same.

So I've insert inside a checking if Native Process is supported or not and the Native process is supported all the time.

When I've just installed the application and run it - the very first attempt is good - everything is working as a must: internal EXE is called by my Application with necessary parameters as many time as I'm need.

However if I'll close the App and then will run it again - internal EXE is not starting at all, doesn't depends on number of attempts to re-start of the App.

So only way is to uninstall, install it back and then you'll be one more session of successful internal EXE-requests, till the next re-start of the App.

That's it.

I've tried to "google it" but unsuccessful. Probably the bug is very rare.

Help me please?

Update: at compilation with Flash CC IDE it's working all the time with no any issues.

Update-2: when I'm running installator-EXE, there is going a notification "Same version is installed, etc." and then selected "Run Now" - there is also working with no problems.

In case with same situation as above you need to add just one line in your AS3-code

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 05, 2014 0
Advocate ,
Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you use rare air sdk version? today is 14 actual

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2014 1