Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Issue on Mac OS

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have a Desktop application which is native installed on desktop systems.

One point is to play mp4 videos located in the app directory. On Windows everythings working fine. But on Mac OS these videos keep staying black.

In the preview we use the FLV PlaybackComponent to stream the mp4 videos from server. This videos are shown as expected.

At runtime the vids are downloaded and after that shown via flash.media.Video class. And at this points theres only a black screen on MacOS.

Is there an known issue or another point I hav emissed?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any separators in your video paths i.e. backslashes? Backslashes are not cross-platform and Mac will not understand them. Use the resolvePath() method of the File class instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I use consequently resolvePath to fetch any file references.

But anyway I checked for existance of  the files again at runtime. Everythings fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines