Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Issues on iOS (missing audio)

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following plays properly on iPhone X and Android

Video is OK but the audio is missing on: iPhone 5S, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8+ (no other iPhone tested)

Testing using ffmpeg encode settings:

mp4libfdk_aac12800044100libx26412000001024x768

protected function test_triggeredHandler(event:Event):void

{

vidClient = new Object();

vidClient.onMetaData = onMetaData;

nc = new NetConnection();

nc.connect(null);

ns = new NetStream(nc);

ns.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatus);

ns.client = vidClient;

videoTexture=Texture.fromNetStream(ns , Starling.current.contentScaleFactor , onTextureComplete)

ns.play("https://somevideo.mp4");

}

private function onTextureComplete():void

{

videoImage = new Image(videoTexture)

this.addChild(videoImage)

}

private function onMetaData():void

{

trace('on net onMetaData');

}

private function onNetStatus(event:NetStatusEvent):void

{

trace('on net status');

}

I also found a test stream that you can use to reproduce the issue described above: https://content.jwplatform.com/manifests/yp34SRmf.m3u8

Taken from here: https://developer.jwplayer.com/tools/stream-tester/?playerversion=7

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Issue resolved - not sure which version! Nothing to do with Blue Tooth or the Silence button..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from using a native player or stage webview - do we have a workaround here?  Use of a media server or specific encode settings perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example is an m3u8 files. As I remember it, you read the video entry and query a server to find out the current URL of the video, you don't just play the m3u8.

That aside, StageVideo is the best option for playing video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct - although it does actually play and you can open it using a text editor to see the actual stream URLs.  This just happened to be a link I found that can reproduce this problem.

There's also this taken from a resolved bug related to video on the Starling forum: https://s3.amazonaws.com/flaxbinpic/bunny.mp4

Ack your comment on StageVideo - good to know, ty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be the only one seeing this - this is a skeleton project with just the video on the stage.

Unless of course I'm simply using the wrong codecs.  Would be nice if this doc actually had some content:

Video encoding/transcoding guidelines for Apple iOS with Adobe AIR | Adobe Developer Connection

I'm currently using a preset from here:

Docs | Robots for file encoding and conversion | Transloadit

The presets for iOS like "ipad-high" for example - only plays both video and audio on an iPhone X.

Do any of these codecs work for us?  This one apparently does not: libfdk_aac

NameFormatAudio codecAudio bitrateAudio frequencyVideo codecVideo bitrateVideo resolution
aacmp4libfdk_aac12800044100crosscrosscross
alacipodalac12800044100crosscrosscross
dash-128k-audiomp4cross12800044100crosscrosscross
dash-256k-audiomp4cross25600044100crosscrosscross
dash-32k-audiomp4cross3200044100crosscrosscross
dash-64k-audiomp4cross6400044100crosscrosscross
flacflaccross12800044100crosscrosscross
mp3mp3libmp3lame12800044100crosscrosscross
oggogglibvorbiscrosscrosscrosscrosscross
wavwavpcm_s16lecrosscrosscrosscrosscross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, using libmp3lame worked for us.  Not iPhone 5 - but I can live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fyi - libfdk_aac is the codec to stick with..

After months of sporadic issues with missing Audio - I'm no closer to knowing why - but every now and again a build I push out - the audio will be missing on iOS, although the iPhone 5S has NEVER played audio. Wondering if anyone else has/is running into a similar issues?

This has happened with builds from both Windows and MAC - both using FB with recommended settings for JDK etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cr**!

So, nothing to do with the build - and everything to do with BlueTooth on iOS..  Once the phone connects to an audio source via BlueTooth - then audio only ever plays via BlueTooth until BlueTooth is disabled.  Except for the iPhone 5 - this only ever plays via BlueTooth whether it's actively connected to a BlueTooth device or not.

Marking this as solved - this issue is nothing to do with the codec -and opening another ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue resolved - not sure which version! Nothing to do with Blue Tooth or the Silence button..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines