Highlighted

Video not working on the first run of Android app

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any results regarding this problem. Maybe I'm just using wrong keywords as it is difficult to explain.

Has anyone else encountered that video is not working on the first run of Android app? By first run I mean directly after installing. I'm using NetConnection, NetStream, Video objects and GPU renderMode. By working I mean it's not showing and can't hear the audio. I haven't yet debugged deeper so I don't know if the problem is actually related to the code loading the video.

I've encountered the following issues, which may or may not be related, regarding the the first run and Video object:

- The first run takes about 20 seconds to start. After that, the start is pretty much instant. If you clear app's cache, it again takes the 20 seconds to launch. The video works after clearing app's cache.

- When creating the first Video object, the app flashes screen to black for a few frames. This is why I create a dummy Video object in the beginning.

I use AIR 13, going to upgrade to 14, but I'm quite sure this problem and the issues have been for a while.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video not working on the first run of Android app

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any results regarding this problem. Maybe I'm just using wrong keywords as it is difficult to explain.

Has anyone else encountered that video is not working on the first run of Android app? By first run I mean directly after installing. I'm using NetConnection, NetStream, Video objects and GPU renderMode. By working I mean it's not showing and can't hear the audio. I haven't yet debugged deeper so I don't know if the problem is actually related to the code loading the video.

I've encountered the following issues, which may or may not be related, regarding the the first run and Video object:

- The first run takes about 20 seconds to start. After that, the start is pretty much instant. If you clear app's cache, it again takes the 20 seconds to launch. The video works after clearing app's cache.

- When creating the first Video object, the app flashes screen to black for a few frames. This is why I create a dummy Video object in the beginning.

I use AIR 13, going to upgrade to 14, but I'm quite sure this problem and the issues have been for a while.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2014 0
kaveri2 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that we're using flv, not mp4. And they're progressively downloaded, not local.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 0