Highlighted

Video texture performance on Android

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the video texture on a Stage3D project (using starling) for AIR app deploy. Under Windows and iOS everything seems to run ok, but on Android the video playback performance is poor (tested on Samsung and Motorola devices). I tested with h.264 videos (aac audio) using different resolutions and data rates, up to 1080p with 4.5MBPS. All my tests lead to the same result: on Windows and iOS it runs ok, but Android suffers a lot.

Is there a way to improve the playback on Android? Any specific encoding option?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video texture performance on Android

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the video texture on a Stage3D project (using starling) for AIR app deploy. Under Windows and iOS everything seems to run ok, but on Android the video playback performance is poor (tested on Samsung and Motorola devices). I tested with h.264 videos (aac audio) using different resolutions and data rates, up to 1080p with 4.5MBPS. All my tests lead to the same result: on Windows and iOS it runs ok, but Android suffers a lot.

Is there a way to improve the playback on Android? Any specific encoding option?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2016 0

Have something to add?