Highlighted

Videos in StageWebView Playing Back at Double Size Under iOS 8

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having an issue with videos in a StageWebView under iOS 8. Videos playing in a StageWebView control are playing at double size on iOS 8, resulting in the video appearing to be chopped off (see screen shot below).

We are using a StageWebView and calling the .loadURL(videoPath). Previously the video has always been sized to the viewport of the StageWebView control.

public var webView:StageWebView;

webView.viewPort = new Rectangle(this.x,this.y,374,221);

webView.loadURL(<<our file path>>);

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what's going on? Thank you for your help.

VideoIssue.jpg

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Videos in StageWebView Playing Back at Double Size Under iOS 8

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having an issue with videos in a StageWebView under iOS 8. Videos playing in a StageWebView control are playing at double size on iOS 8, resulting in the video appearing to be chopped off (see screen shot below).

We are using a StageWebView and calling the .loadURL(videoPath). Previously the video has always been sized to the viewport of the StageWebView control.

public var webView:StageWebView;

webView.viewPort = new Rectangle(this.x,this.y,374,221);

webView.loadURL(<<our file path>>);

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what's going on? Thank you for your help.

VideoIssue.jpg

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2014 0
Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I have tried the provided code snippet but not able to reproduce.

Could you please provide a sample app so that we can easily reproduce it.

-Pravendra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on iPad 3 retina - iOS 8.0.2.

No problem on iPad 2 (but iOS 7.x).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the bug appear with iOS 8.

On an iPad Mini 2, it was OK with iOS 7.1.2, and reproduce the issue after update to 8.1.

However, the problem may come from Apple since the same bug appear when i invoke a native UIWebView with the Darkredz ANE.

Is there a workaround to load a local .html with <video> tag successfully ? i try but video don't load...

EDIT : I succeed by loading local html with <video> tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2014 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and suggestion of using a <video> tag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2014 0