Highlighted

VideoTexture: "RENDER_STATE" not dispatched

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently playing around with the new video texture feature for stage3D — which is totally awesome, BTW! 😃

While I have managed to use the live video from the webcam, I could not play back any local or embedded file. When I try to display a video in "flv" format, I get the well-known "Error #3605: Sampler 0 binds an invalid texture". And when I use an "mp4" or "3gp" video (taken from here), the "RENDER_STATE" event is never fired, and thus I cannot use the texture.

Here's the code that I'm currently using:

VideoTextureExperiments.as

That's a Starling root class to be passed to the Starling constructor. The problem is not related to Starling; as I wrote above, it's simply that the RENDER_STATE event is never fired.

Could it be that the video format is simply not supported? Could you maybe post a link to a supported video?

Or is there anything else that jumps into anyone's eye — maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong? 😉

For reference, I'm using OS X Yosemite with the AIR 16 beta (16.0.0, build 214), and I tried that both in an AIR application and in the Flash projector.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VideoTexture: "RENDER_STATE" not dispatched

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently playing around with the new video texture feature for stage3D — which is totally awesome, BTW! 😃

While I have managed to use the live video from the webcam, I could not play back any local or embedded file. When I try to display a video in "flv" format, I get the well-known "Error #3605: Sampler 0 binds an invalid texture". And when I use an "mp4" or "3gp" video (taken from here), the "RENDER_STATE" event is never fired, and thus I cannot use the texture.

Here's the code that I'm currently using:

VideoTextureExperiments.as

That's a Starling root class to be passed to the Starling constructor. The problem is not related to Starling; as I wrote above, it's simply that the RENDER_STATE event is never fired.

Could it be that the video format is simply not supported? Could you maybe post a link to a supported video?

Or is there anything else that jumps into anyone's eye — maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong? 😉

For reference, I'm using OS X Yosemite with the AIR 16 beta (16.0.0, build 214), and I tried that both in an AIR application and in the Flash projector.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2014 0

Have something to add?