Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WatchKit

Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple announced WatchKit.

It will be a very good oportunity to Adobe AIR.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a tiny extension to iOS with relative little effort, great.  If the effort represents another platform target entirely, then I'd personally much rather see game console support or linux support (and those on uplist seem to want Windows Phone support, though I can't imagine why, given the market share numbers).

The wearables market is a huge unknown quantity at this point, and Apple didn't seem to change that.  I don't see the ROI, whereas game console support is a no-brainer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeffward,

I agree with you (except for Linux).

From the specs for both Apple Watch and other Google wearables, they have more than enought hardware resources for AIR and they are natively and extension for the systems so I guess that the effort is very little and that gives a huge benefits (for example for health apps like my own).

Even for games that Adobe put the efforts now could be a good addition (just use the dev imagination to create new things).

The marketshare of Windows Phone is ridiculous (the same for Linux-PC) and after all this time and marketing money, I really don't believe that will change with big players around like Apple and Google.

"The wearables market is a huge unknown quantity at this point": Of course, but think for a moment about this: 2 day ago only geeks knew the word "smartwatch" and a few minutes after Apple's keynote, billions of people know what a smartwatch is, and that's make the difference in the world from now on and one can catch the train or leave it for good (as same players like Microsoft did in the smartphones scope).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any more information on the internet concerning WatchKit and Adobe Air?

Any ideas how to start creating an app or glance for the Apple Watch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want Apple watch support in Adobe Air and Flash, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do want as well.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need and very much expect Air for WatchKit, Android watches, and tvOS thank you Adobe... we have not stopped using AIR to develop iOS apps, we just don't give as much credit as we used to.  I'd rather keep it a secret anyway.  -Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a vote to prioritize this - would be great to see support for WatchKit and Android Wear!

Feature#4069595 - Wearable - WatchKit and Android Wear Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines