• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhooks in AIR

Participant ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to listen for webhooks in an AIR app ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

webhooks usually refer to a third party server calling your server to give you an update on something. Since Air is a client-side technology and not a server-side technology, webhooks can not be sent to Air. I think you misunderstood something when you were reading the documentation of a service.

Maybe let us know what exactly you are trying to do and we can give some more advice how that might work with Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im trying to figure out what can be done with a webook being sent from 3rd party API to my server URL.

From there... can my server after it receives the information pass it on to the user logged in to my app to trigger code in my app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be no problem if you already have a server and user authentication / sessions. Say the webhook calls your server for user A. Your server stores in your database or in the user session the information. Next time user A comes online or sends a request to your server, you check the session / database for webhook information. Then in your response you add the information of the webhook and user A can use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines