Highlighted

Weird graphical glitch (random block of pixels) on Kindle HD6 (gpu mode)

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One of my apps displays a very weird graphical glitch that only happens on Kindle HD6 devices. (HD7 don't have any problems).

It appears to be that when I put a movie clip with alpha = 0 on the stage, a weird block of random pixels appears on that spot. I haven's seen this on any other device. It's not the same block of pixels every time, it seems to be random. Looks like some sort of render problem. (see screenshots). Instead of those blocks of pixels, a movie clip with alpha 0 should be rendered (that movie clip is there to appear later on in the game, so I wanted to put it there already so I don't see a performance loss whenever the movie clip should be rendered during gameplay).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sander

IMG_4080.JPGIMG_4082.JPG

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird graphical glitch (random block of pixels) on Kindle HD6 (gpu mode)

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One of my apps displays a very weird graphical glitch that only happens on Kindle HD6 devices. (HD7 don't have any problems).

It appears to be that when I put a movie clip with alpha = 0 on the stage, a weird block of random pixels appears on that spot. I haven's seen this on any other device. It's not the same block of pixels every time, it seems to be random. Looks like some sort of render problem. (see screenshots). Instead of those blocks of pixels, a movie clip with alpha 0 should be rendered (that movie clip is there to appear later on in the game, so I wanted to put it there already so I don't see a performance loss whenever the movie clip should be rendered during gameplay).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sander

IMG_4080.JPGIMG_4082.JPG

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between your two screenshots. One is normal, and the other is after opening the controls. You could look at the deactivate and activate events, and try resetting the stageclor to force it to redraw. Or look at the resize event.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, Colin. I'm not sure what you mean by "opening the controls". Both screenshots are taken during gameplay. Those glitches are there all the time. Once the movie clip is repositioned elsewhere on the screen (I think it should redraw the screen at that moment, right?) the glitch moves with it.

I can remember something about problems with rendering movie clips with alpha=0 or something. But I'm not sure if I'm correct about that.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at your screenshots, one is where you are full screen, and the other is where the home buttons are showing. This is unique to Amazon Fire devices. It effectively means that your device screen changed size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean now.

Thanks, I will look into it. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2016 0