Highlighted

What are these files?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was comparing AIR frameworks files between two macOS AIR app versions (one was causing an issue) and I noticed three unique files contained in the problematic app. They are located in "Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources" and are named:

• adobecp.plugin
  • adobecp.vch
  • AdobeCP15.plugin

When these files are removed the app appears to still function normally. What are these files and are they mandatory for AIR app functionality? I'm just looking for some clarification as to why they may have appeared in one app and not another.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What are these files?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was comparing AIR frameworks files between two macOS AIR app versions (one was causing an issue) and I noticed three unique files contained in the problematic app. They are located in "Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources" and are named:

• adobecp.plugin
  • adobecp.vch
  • AdobeCP15.plugin

When these files are removed the app appears to still function normally. What are these files and are they mandatory for AIR app functionality? I'm just looking for some clarification as to why they may have appeared in one app and not another.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, they may have to do with content DRM. Can a dev or someone qualified verify this for me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seem to be part of Flex, suggesting that one app is a Flex based one, using the Flex version of the SDK, and the other one is using the regular SDK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0