Highlighted

What is the best way to gather contact information through an android app?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of developing an application for my company.  This app will be used at Trade Shows, showing off each area of our business, giving a slideshow for each, and gathering contact leads.

Here's my question; what's the best way to gather contact information via Flash created Android app?  I'm thinking either creating a contact form, but I can't find any tutorials on developing the code to send an email.  Is there an easy way to tell the Android device to create a .text file with the name, email address and phone number?

Ideal world, the app would just gather the information in a text file that we could access on the computer after the fact.  No internet connection needed.

Any help will be much appreciated!  If anything isn't clear, please ask!

Jake

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the best way to gather contact information through an android app?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of developing an application for my company.  This app will be used at Trade Shows, showing off each area of our business, giving a slideshow for each, and gathering contact leads.

Here's my question; what's the best way to gather contact information via Flash created Android app?  I'm thinking either creating a contact form, but I can't find any tutorials on developing the code to send an email.  Is there an easy way to tell the Android device to create a .text file with the name, email address and phone number?

Ideal world, the app would just gather the information in a text file that we could access on the computer after the fact.  No internet connection needed.

Any help will be much appreciated!  If anything isn't clear, please ask!

Jake

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found what you are looking for.

ANEs:

Contact Grabber For IOS and Android: memeller/ContactEditor · GitHub‌ or freshplanet/ANE-AddressBook · GitHub

Send Email ANE For IOS and Android: turbidwater/ChunkEMailANE · GitHub

How to use and install ANE packages: How to use an ANE with Flash CS 6 - YouTube

How to write to a text file:

var myFile:File = File.documentsDirectory.resolvePath("Test Folder/test.txt"); 
  var fs:FileStream = new FileStream(); 
  fs.open(myFile,FileMode.WRITE); 
  fs.writeUTFBytes("blah blah"); 
  fs.close();

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2015 0