Highlighted

What is the replacement to WebKit to App Store submission?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we can not package WebKit.dylib in a .PKG file to submit to App Store, what else we can use for HTML rendering in an AIR Mac application? StageWebView has one drawback - it renders top of the display list, it may hides other expanding elements in our app, i.e. menu.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the replacement to WebKit to App Store submission?

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we can not package WebKit.dylib in a .PKG file to submit to App Store, what else we can use for HTML rendering in an AIR Mac application? StageWebView has one drawback - it renders top of the display list, it may hides other expanding elements in our app, i.e. menu.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure your only option is to use HTMLLoader for desktop apps. That is part of the big discussion here that started almost 2 years ago when Adobe employee Chris Campbell asked AIR developers how we use AIR's webkit and HTMLLoader in our apps. Chris hasn't replied since September of last year and we are still waiting to know if there will be any updates to AIRs webkit, a native extension built to replace it, or whatever else that might decide to do. If you look at the "Adobe roadmap for the Flash runtimes" you can see they at least have it mentioned that "AIR – Improved HTML5 support" is covered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know about that post, in fact I am in the post, too. Since StageWebView is not a good option for our desktop application at this moment as this renders top of display children, we left only HTMLLoader. I did a couple of tests and one is building PKG after removing WebKit (as this requires to submit to App Store). It seems like HTMLLoader also use or shares from WebKit, cause the section using HTMLLoader stops working after I removed WebKit in PKG build.

What else left then to submit to App Store?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2016 0