• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What triggers Stage3d software mode in Chrome but not Firefox?

Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a beta tester who can run my Stage3d app correctly while in Firefox, but when he runs it in Chrome it can't find his video card (GeForce 8600 GTS, 2013 drivers - old but on this list), causing Stage3d to slip into uber-slow software mode in Chrome.

Short of telling my users to "try a different browse", is there something specific about Chrome or PepperFlash (newest version WIN 12,0,0,70) that might cause Stage3d to fail to see some video cards? Is there anything I can do about it?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Would you mind opening a bug report on this over at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding, please include the user's dxdiag report so we can try and test like hardware/drivers internally.  Once added let me know the bug number and I'll follow up.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or just unsupported/old hardware, but it's good to know you're looking into it.

Bug ID with dxdiag is #3716991: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3716991

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines