• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when an AIR for iOS provisioning profile expires ...

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear about what happens to an installed iOS app when the provisioning profile OR the signing certificate expires. We're talking about an app that was published and installed with valid Enterprise Distribution credentials before the expiration date.

Will the app stop working when the profile expires? If the certificate expires before the provisioning profile will the app stop working when the certificate expires?  Or, in either case, will the app keep working and be simply not re-publishable until the credentials are brought up to date?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The app son't launch anymore.  At least, that is what happens with my test/development apps if i try and launch them after the PP has expired.  You need to install a new PP on the device to get it to continue to work.  I'm sure it'd be the same with enterprise?  I'm not sure what happens when the certificate expires though!

There's a stack overflow on it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines