• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When is 8K texture support returning to AIR?

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow AIR developers,

I was curious if anyone knows when 8K texture support will be returning to AIR? I was excited to see this in the Beta of AIR29 and I was hoping that we'd see this re-integrated in future AIR builds. The latest AIR 31 Beta release notes don't mention it. According to Daniel Sperl, this feature was only supported in Beta v29 and never got officially rolled into AIR release: (https://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/adobe-air-30-64bit-and-still-limited-gpu-memory)

Per Sperl: "Adobe experimented with 8k texture support in the AIR 29 beta — it's currently not part of the stable release, but let's cross our fingers for AIR 31."

Regards,

Ross

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again - I haven't heard back any word back yet on 8K texture support and I was curious if any developers have successfully implemented this feature, and, if so, how did you do it? So far, I have been unable to achieve an 8K texture atlas, nor an increase in the available GPU memory resource. Both of these features would be incredibly helpful to my current project - any insights/how-to's/status updates on these features would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again fellow AIR developers and Adobe community.

I've been following the AIR Beta update release notes and haven't seen any further mention of 8K texture support. I would really love to see this feature supported. Has anyone been able to implement this in their projects? Can I please get an update on whether this is still on the road map?

Much appreciated,

~Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines