• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Flash Builder 4.7?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I happen to need to install Flash Builder 4.7 on a Mac to test something... and I can't for the life of me find Flash Builder 4.7 anywhere online. I remember (maybe less than year ago), trying to find it and struggling.... to eventually discover that Adobe removed it from their creative cloud by default, and you had to go into settings to "show old apps", for it to come back.... Well that's gone, and I also can't find the old "archived" programs page that Adobe use to keep hidden on the 3rd page of google search results when you did a search for "Download Flash Builder 4.7".

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like maybe for REAL they finally and silently killed Flash Builder 4.7

Someone show me I'm wrong please.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Creative Cloud subscription you can install it from the CC menu. You have to scroll down the list quite a way:

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 3.08.50 PM.png

If you have a Flash Builder Premium serial number, you can download the application from this page:

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see it listed in the Creative Cloud. There use to be a setting to show it but looks like Adobe removed it. It DOES show if you already have it installed, but if you uninstalled it you would see it gone forever in your Creative Cloud.

Thanks for providing that URL to download Flash Builder. I really think thats the only options left. I couldn't for the life of me find that link anywhere... EVERYTHING you search for in google about Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 leads to broken link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing what you said, but the uninstall is going slowly. In the CC app preferences is a checkbox to show older apps:

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 3.21.21 PM.png

I'll know in a little while if that option still shows Flash Builder Premium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it a fair test I quit the CC app after FB was uninstalled. It was still in the list when I opened it again, and I have it installing. So, the Show Older Apps option is likely to be why you weren't seeing it in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I came and created this thread, I use to use the "show older apps" property like you say, but I don't see it.

Have you update your Adobe Creative Cloud? This is what I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac usually, but I tried Windows 10 too. The CC app is doing self update, I'll know soon...

Ok, under Windows 10 I get the same options and same results as on macOS. I do have a full CC subscription though, maybe that matters?

Are you subscribed to just one app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue and found out that you can buy an upgrade from Flash Builder 4.5 or a new license standalone (perpetual) from here:https://www.adobe.com/products/flash-builder-standard.html

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Standard

At the bottom of the page you will see:

Flash Builder 4.7 Standard

Rapidly develop rich mobile, web, and desktop applications

Upgrade from US$49.00

Buy now

Flash Builder 4.7 Premium

Rapidly develop high-performing mobile, web, and desktop applications

Buy for US$699.00

Buy now

Try

Purchase by Phone 800-585-0774

Also there seems to be a redirection preventing people from going to this product page, empty your cache and cookies. Do not answer the "regional site" popup as it will redirect you to the home page and prevents to see this page. Just close it.

It is a shame we still have to pay for  a software that is not longer supported. I was having difficulties to upgrade from CS5 but that was resolved with the customer service chat . It is a perpetual licence so they have to honor the upgrade. No need to buy a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind FB 4.7 needs to be patched on (high sierra and above) MAC in order to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you do this patch, where do you get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines