• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does AIR publish x64 only if..

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was running into memory problems (1.2GB max before out of mem error) when running my app, I saw it was running in 32-bit on my Windows 10 Home x64.

I am using the adobe air 29 sdk with the compiler.

When I package my application in flashdevelop I have to first add <architecture>64</architecture> to the application element of my application.xml AND I must add

-target bundle to the adt call.

my adt call looks like this

call adt -package %OPTIONS% %SIGNING_OPTIONS% -target bundle %OUTPUT% %APP_XML% %FILE_OR_DIR%

Now I don't understand why if I set it to -target air it always publishes a 32-bit version of the application no matter what, regardless of what is in my application.xml. If I take out the <architecture> and do the bundle target it runs 32-bit, if I do anything besides -target bundle and adding that to my application.xml it will not publish an x64 version of the app.

Is what I did the only way to achieve an x64 AIR application or is this just not working right?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Hi,

The support for 64-bit AIR application on Windows is for Captive application only. Shared (.air) and Native applications would be 32-bit only.

For more details refer: Combined Windows 32-bit and 64-bit AIR SDK | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The support for 64-bit AIR application on Windows is for Captive application only. Shared (.air) and Native applications would be 32-bit only.

For more details refer: Combined Windows 32-bit and 64-bit AIR SDK | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita, so these Shared (.air packages) will only run in 32-bit mode on windows, but what about other operating systems like Mac,and Linux? Are those strictly 32-bit mode too? I want to be able to support other operating systems than Windows, 32-bit only, would destroy that support. I can't be stuck with 1.2gb of RAM to work with on those or else my application will just have to be windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

For Mac OSX the Adobe AIR is 64-bit only for each packaging target.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines