• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my Adobe AIR app freezes on Ipad Air ?

Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I released this free game just in time for Easter weekend and then found out through a friend that it freezes on an iPad Air. It works great on iphone 4, 5, ipad mini, ipad 2, etc and I have retina disabled for ipads.

Here's a link:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id854866033?mt=8

I published from Flash Pro CC with AIR 4.0.0.1628

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at https://bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include some sample code and the link to your app on the app store so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep the code private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL and I'll follow up internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ipad4 work prefect...

do you use Adobe Scout for profiling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out the customer has mis-reported the issue. The game does not freeze. It just doesn't show the eggs movie clips. My menus and ui still function.

I think this may be due to a dynamic sizing I have based on stage width and height, and bitmap caching. Something like that.

@Chris since the app is not actually freezing, do you still want a bug opened? I assume not.

@Anton I do not use Scout. Honestly I find it confusing and don't know what to look for with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can suggest you firstly find somewhere identical iPad and test on it. Adobe Flash Runtime team pretty busy So reporting "bugs" that actually user failure - it's not good looking on nowdays So please be sure that your bug - it's a bug and not your mistake.

I strongly suggest to use Adobe Scout that can help to identify weak places in your sourcecode. 99% "Flash/Air bug" - it's developer bug and not runtime.

If you need to check with Adobe Air + Adobe Scout - you can contact me via skype chat therabbitwindfall and I can help you for free to determinate weak places. And only than you can understang what to change Sure I know some performance drops between devices. But 99 from 100 situations can be solved by fixing user code and not Runtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines