• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why has Adobe not come out with a solution for the installer rollback error?

Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several posts that remain unanswered regarding installing Air that all list the same error:

Error occurred during msi install operation; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type= "error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text= "1603" errorID=0]

No solutions appear to exist, Adobe has nothing listed that seems to work, and several of these posts are multiple years old. Has Adobe dropped support for Air?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

OK, so after reading through the forums for another hour, I found this message Unable to install AIR

After going through it, I realized that there may be some crap leftover in the registry that the installer was finding and not dealing with correctly.

half an hour later I had scanned everything I could in the registry and deleted anything that looked "Air" related, and tried the installer again.

This time it succeeded.

TL:DR The Air installer is crap, clean everything out of the registry that looks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We do not have Adobe AIR .msi. You can get the installer from Adobe - Adobe AIR  page. If you are trying to install Adobe AIR silently then you can run the .exe in cmd with argument -silent.

If you are using the installer from any other location please share the same with us so that we can look into the same. Also please share the command you are using for installation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the message from the log file. I went to the Adobe Air page, clicked on the installer and then got an error that says check the log. This is the first error that comes up and hundreds of people get this error.

I'm surprised that you are listed as staff, and don't know what shows up in the log files when so many people are getting the same error. Perhaps this link will help LMGTFY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so after reading through the forums for another hour, I found this message Unable to install AIR

After going through it, I realized that there may be some crap leftover in the registry that the installer was finding and not dealing with correctly.

half an hour later I had scanned everything I could in the registry and deleted anything that looked "Air" related, and tried the installer again.

This time it succeeded.

TL:DR The Air installer is crap, clean everything out of the registry that looks like Air, then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines