• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is VideoTexture displaying my camera and flv streams as partially transparent?

Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using VideoTexture my camera and flv streams are being rendered as partially transparent. This issue is intermittent. When using a Logitech c920 camera the VideoTexture seems to be rendering all pixels as expected. But with an Axis P12 camera, the pixels are always transparent (on Windows 8). When using .flv stream from RTMP server, the decoded pixels are sometimes rendered as transparent, and other times fully opaque. This behavior is also interesting when taking iOS 8 and iPhone 6 into account. So I play a flv stream on Windows and it is partially transparent. But then deploying the same code to iPhone 6, the flv stream renders fully opaque as expected.

Is the VideoTexture engineering team already aware of this?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Is Adobe's focus really on "Premium Video" and Gaming or Stage3D? If video is supposed to be a focus, why can't we get some attention to video such as this bug?? The sample app is not crashing. I have tried the attached version, as well as using the latest AIR 19 SDK and unfortunately still no proper video using VideoTexture on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Can you please provide us sample code so that we can reproduce the issue at our end.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bug here so that I could attach the sample projects:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3936111

I have attached a flv file to stream over RTMP. I have also attached the iOS project and Windows project as well as the resulting swf bytecodes, and final .ipa package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Adobe's focus really on "Premium Video" and Gaming or Stage3D? If video is supposed to be a focus, why can't we get some attention to video such as this bug?? The sample app is not crashing. I have tried the attached version, as well as using the latest AIR 19 SDK and unfortunately still no proper video using VideoTexture on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me VideoTexture works fine with camera.

May be you use blending? Something like:

context3D.setBlendFactors(Context3DBlendFactor.ONE, Context3DBlendFactor.ONE);

With this blending I also see streams partially transparent, but it's only one way I found to display FLV video with alpha channel.

If I use

context3D.setBlendFactors(Context3DBlendFactor.ONE, Context3DBlendFactor.ZERO);

stream fully opaque.

I have test it only with Windows for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines