• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my apps that need Adobe AIR launch?

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Mac OS 10.11.1 and I've successfully installed the newest version of AIR. However, none of my apps that require AIR will launch. When I double-click an app's icon to launch it, a space appears in the dock as if the app icon is about to appear there, but it never does. That's it. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, etc, but haven't been able to get this problem fixed.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

I was finally able to resolve the problem which was caused by file permissions being messed up. It appears that when launching an AIR app, it tried to rename a file that I don't have write access to. I gave myself the ability to write on that file and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i think it  could be a creative cloud problem ?

Try this :-

using finder -  go -  go to folder

navigate to :-

~/Library/Application Support//Adobe/OOBE

rename opm.db as opm.db_old

then restart an application,

This routine seems to solve the blank white screen CC desktop issue which has appeared since the new Air release.

i suspect your problem might be related

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Graham, but this didn't fix it.

For what it's worth, I downgraded to AIR version 19 and my AIR apps work so this is definitely related to version 20 somehow. I'd stay with the older version but I purchased a new app that requires version 20.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to resolve the problem which was caused by file permissions being messed up. It appears that when launching an AIR app, it tried to rename a file that I don't have write access to. I gave myself the ability to write on that file and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines