• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will adobe Air keep living or should we shift to HTML5!?

Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

After reading this recent news, I noticed they want to tell us Adobe Flash is reaching the end of the rope! Is that true??

(a reply from Adobe team will be highly appreciated, for me and others who read this post.)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/adobe-flash-finally-dead-183755537.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Will this only affect "Desktop" applications and web banners in Flash?

Or also it affect Mobile Applications written in Adobe Flash / Air Packages??

So I need to bring up this question that was asked in 2013 by another developer:

Re: Continue with Adobe AIR or redevelop with HTML5?

It is now many years I only use Adobe Flash CS6 to develop Air for Mobile Applications, same source for iOS and Android. And everything works fine for our kind of apps. So I have no knowledge of HTML5 or JAVA or anything except Flash and AS3.

Is it time for us developers to change our old tools?! What will happen to our apps in markets that needs regular updates!? What is the alternative you suggest!?

Thanks and hope to receive an answer to this, soon.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Don't believe those articles stating that "Adobe killed Flash". The only thing they did is renaming Flash Professional CC (the authoring tool, not the player) to Animate CC. Everything else will stay the same, and probably pick up from here.

On other news, Adobe announced a cooperation with Facebook to improve the Flash player, which is great news and a positive signal for the Flash player.

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/11/flash-html5-and-open-web-standards.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't believe those articles stating that "Adobe killed Flash". The only thing they did is renaming Flash Professional CC (the authoring tool, not the player) to Animate CC. Everything else will stay the same, and probably pick up from here.

On other news, Adobe announced a cooperation with Facebook to improve the Flash player, which is great news and a positive signal for the Flash player.

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/11/flash-html5-and-open-web-standards.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines