• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will all old AIR apps fail on iOS 12?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the release notes for AIR 31, this bug is listed as fixed: "[iOS 12]Failing to launch any AIR application (FLASH-4190352)"

Anyone knows if this means we should update all our existing AIR apps on App Store, to AIR 31, before iOS 12 is released sometime in September?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Thanks for that info Colin, I had been testing AIR 30 adhoc builds on a device with iOS 12 and they were crashing. I just tried a version from the App Store like you mentioned and it worked just fine, no crashing as long as it came from the App Store.  I've tried apps from the App Store that use AIR 19, 24, and 30, and all of them worked just fine without crashing.  Like you said, it must be the issue was related to packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older AIR apps seem to be ok, but I'm not sure of at what point it would break. If you have a lot of apps in the store it would be worth putting iOS 12 onto a device, and then update any that crash. If you want you could give me the name of a free app, if you have any, and I can try it. One that uses the most recent version of AIR that you've used, if it's ok, it's likely the older apps will be ok too.

There is also a possibility (based on one report) that the real issue is in the packaging of the app, and that if it's in the store already, it may well be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info Colin, I had been testing AIR 30 adhoc builds on a device with iOS 12 and they were crashing. I just tried a version from the App Store like you mentioned and it worked just fine, no crashing as long as it came from the App Store.  I've tried apps from the App Store that use AIR 19, 24, and 30, and all of them worked just fine without crashing.  Like you said, it must be the issue was related to packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should switch to AIR 31 now then, so that you can at least test new apps.

Download Adobe AIR 31 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearifying. I can breath again. I have 20 apps on the App Store and am a solo developer 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not my experience!

Worth updating to 31, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

31 is in beta though and has some issues with native features and STILL has major crash issues on android with sound and video.

No one in their right mind uses this version for production.

Also AIR31 is still compiled against ios11, so updating makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR 31 was released out of beta last month, the Labs page still shows 31 in beta as well but they often show the same version number for a while until the next numbered release is getting closer.

Whether AIR 31 is compiled against iOS 11 or iOS 12 doesn't matter in this case -- the release version of AIR 31 does in fact fix this problem for adhoc/debug builds on iOS 12.  In my experience all of our older apps using AIR 19, 24, and 30 continue to work fine if downloaded from the App Store on iOS 12, so if you're only concerned with your end users and not with your test builds then you should be fine without updating if you're not comfortable with switching to AIR 31 right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to test a build on IOS12 and I'm able to install it on the device, but when I touch the icon, nothing happens. Deploying for "device testing" and using AIR 31. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing an AIR 31 app on iOS12, deploying with "device testing", works fine for me. I'm able to open it as expected.

Are you using any ANEs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines