• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 not supported? "The application could not be installed"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Adobe AIR 20 in stalled on my windows 10 and after building my AIR project i get this message. There is nothing wrong with the build and the file is NOT damaged,  i have tested the same file on Windows 7, 8,8.1 and Mac, it works.  Is there something else i can try or de we need to wait for Adobe to fix the problem?

Also I do have full admin rights and my user account control settings are set to the lowest possible selection.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had exactly the same problem yesterday : Windows 10 freshly installed, same .air worked on other PCs (Windows 7, 8.1 and 10) and MACs.

I finally find out that my antivirus (Panda) blocked the installation without notifying this to me.

Watching logs, I assume that temporary decompression is refused to the AIR installer, so it considers the .air file as corrupted.

Try to switch your antivirus off for the installation time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I had the same problem. All my install files were corrupted.

Capture.PNG

I tried the alexandre's way but without success.

Then I tried another way : after switching off the antivirus (Bitdefender in my case) I'd re-downloaded the install files (Roland Vdrums Friend Jam app in my case). Then I tried to re-install and then!!!! IT WORKS!! Thanks alexandre_lac for your contribution!

Bye everybody and hope to doesn't need your help in the future.

Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that if package it as an .exe instead of .air it will install on W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines