Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 S and AIR Captive

Contributor ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just reading that 'Windows 10 S' will do away with all win32 API's

Will AIR, if packaged as a captive run time, still work in this environment?

Has the AIR team tested this?

Thanks

Keith R Morrison

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Hi Keith,

I just read an article about Windows 10 S and it looks like they will remove the ability to install any third party apps that come from a source other than the Windows store. If that is the case I have some good news for you: It is absolutely possible to convert an Air project to a Windows store app, we already did that with our games. Furthermore we are working on an ANE with our friends from Distriqt that will allow us to make inapp purchases on the Windows store and we will encourage

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

I just read an article about Windows 10 S and it looks like they will remove the ability to install any third party apps that come from a source other than the Windows store. If that is the case I have some good news for you: It is absolutely possible to convert an Air project to a Windows store app, we already did that with our games. Furthermore we are working on an ANE with our friends from Distriqt that will allow us to make inapp purchases on the Windows store and we will encourage Distriqt to put that online available for everyone on their website once we got our apps live.

Hope that helps,

Ruben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that is great news.

Did you have to package with a 'run time embedded?'

Have you, or are you going to, try the AIR 25 - 64 bit for Windows? A larger memory is a requirement for my use case.  
I'm still giggling about having system sized ram for image processing and buffering.  I still  need to tile the image, as they're large and layered, but so much better than swapping.

Thanks

Keith R Morrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are exporting an .exe project, so it's packaged with a captive runtime. This output is then converted with the Desktop Converter for Windows Universal Apps. We have not tried the 64 Bits SDK nor will we need it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines