Highlighted

Windows 8 SoftKeyboard integration

Explorer ,
May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to start here a new discussion about Air Windows Applications. There is an increasing number of Windows 8/8.1 tablets/convertibles out on the market.

Developing applications for those tablets issues a challenge to many developers nowadays. If a user want's to input some data he has to use a SoftKeyboard. As a Mobile Developer I am used to have the automated functionality of a soft keyboard integration in the system. Starting a windows Air Application let me struggle - there is no way to get a SoftKeyboard be shown with standard functionality. Yes, there are some possibilities like calling the TabTip.exe directly or native extension. But this is not really a nice user experience. You'll never get this smoothly working - especially if you are working with Flex. The whole Flex SoftKeyboard integrations could not be used that way. It's annoying!

I am in contact with Chris Campbel‌ (project manager of Adobe Air) - he presented me the prospect to add a soft keyboard integration feature to Air for Windows Applications.

The best way to convince him to add this feature is to vote as much as we can for having this feature on one of the next version.

Please support this feature by voting and commenting for it.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows 8 SoftKeyboard integration

Explorer ,
May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to start here a new discussion about Air Windows Applications. There is an increasing number of Windows 8/8.1 tablets/convertibles out on the market.

Developing applications for those tablets issues a challenge to many developers nowadays. If a user want's to input some data he has to use a SoftKeyboard. As a Mobile Developer I am used to have the automated functionality of a soft keyboard integration in the system. Starting a windows Air Application let me struggle - there is no way to get a SoftKeyboard be shown with standard functionality. Yes, there are some possibilities like calling the TabTip.exe directly or native extension. But this is not really a nice user experience. You'll never get this smoothly working - especially if you are working with Flex. The whole Flex SoftKeyboard integrations could not be used that way. It's annoying!

I am in contact with Chris Campbel‌ (project manager of Adobe Air) - he presented me the prospect to add a soft keyboard integration feature to Air for Windows Applications.

The best way to convince him to add this feature is to vote as much as we can for having this feature on one of the next version.

Please support this feature by voting and commenting for it.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2015 4
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.. I really need this. Any progress?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be very helpfull to have softKeyboard supported on windows tablets

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 1
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be very helpful feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the answers given before. This would be really helpful and solve some problems!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2015 1