• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worker on IOS: “This Application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread after…”

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted my project from Android to IOS through AIR. After stripping out Google Play ANEs and the like, I have been able to successfully test and launch it. In one of my scenes, after user input, the application crashes without warning.

After studying the logs and testing each function triggered, I have determined the Worker (background thread) I made was causing this issue.

When I initialize the worker, after the Worker State is confirmed running in the event handler, I log that the worker is active and have disabled anything else this event would have triggered. The result in the logs states the following

Oct 18 11:07:46 iPhone Mobile Vape Distro(UIKit)[699] <Error>: Cannot be called with asCopy = NO on non-main thread.

Oct 18 11:07:46 iPhone Mobile Vape Distro(Foundation)[699] <Notice>: This application is modifying the autolayout engine from a background thread after the engine was accessed from the main thread. This can lead to engine corruption and weird crashes.

Full Result

After doing some research, multiple people programming for the iOS specifically triggered this error by triggering some UI function in a background thread they made. However, the only thing that I am initializing in my worker is setting up the command channels and registering my Cart class via registerClassAlias.

That and adobe explicitly states that display objects can't even be processes in a background thread. So I don't see how this could be causing an issue in the first place.

Worker Documentation

Performance

Resident memory used: 236.42KB

Malloc memory used: 30.39KB

Disk partition free: 364.11MB

Disk partition used: 11.34GB

Battery level: 100%

Charging state: Unknown

Connection State: Wifi

stay_primary_portraits

Device

Model identifier: iPhone 6s (8,1)

Jailbroken Status: Not jailbroken

iOS Version: 11.0.2

Available on disk: 14.89GB

RAM: 1.96GB

Orientation: Face up

Proximity to user: Far

Full code detail at Stackoverflow.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your post. I checked with the team, and they said that they will investigate it and let me know. They haven't heard of this issue previously.

I will keep you updated as soon as I hear from them about their progress.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines