Highlighted

Your APK's version code needs to be higher than (what it was last time)

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Google Play Developer Console is telling me I cannot update my app because the version number is not higher than the current version. I've checked this up and down a dozen ways and I am positive I have a newer version number. I've restarted my computer, tried other browsers, changed file names for my apk and still got the same problem. I've checked the android manifest and it appears to be correct there too. Is this an adobe problem or a Google problem? Is there anything I can do?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Your APK's version code needs to be higher than (what it was last time)

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Google Play Developer Console is telling me I cannot update my app because the version number is not higher than the current version. I've checked this up and down a dozen ways and I am positive I have a newer version number. I've restarted my computer, tried other browsers, changed file names for my apk and still got the same problem. I've checked the android manifest and it appears to be correct there too. Is this an adobe problem or a Google problem? Is there anything I can do?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t seen it go wrong, except when my version number was the same. You ought to be able to fix it by setting the version number in the Flash publishing settings. Can you try increasing that, even more?

What format did you use by the way? If your first version was 1.0.0, and you’re now trying 1.1, maybe that won’t work. 1.1.0 would.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my old version was 1.31

The new version is 1.4

But Google will not recognize it.

I set the version to 1.5 and still the same response. Google still thinks it is version 1.31

I tried an older version of the air sdk and that did not help either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 1.4.0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, same error:

"Your APK's version code needs to be higher than 1031000."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wouldn't you know that setting it to 2.0 made it kosher to google. Hm. Well thats another hour down the drain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you why. I checked my versions, and here is an example:

1001003 (1.1.3)

Your 1031000 would translate to 103.100.0. Your new 2.0 looks like 2000000, so that is higher than the previous one.

Having made the mistake of calling the earlier one version 103 instead of 1.03, you’ll have to stick with those enormous numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wasn't a mistake. Right in flash it read 1.31 (not 1.3.1 not 1.0.31 or whatever). 1.31

I changed it to 1.4 and it didn't work

How can that be considered "user error"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t mind blaming you, even if it wasn’t your fault!

I just checked more apps, some of which are in a 1.1 format, and some are 1.1.1. If the number you gave is correct, 1031000 would translate to 103.1.0, not 1.3.1. I’ve never tried a format of 1.11, so maybe 1.31 that you say is in Flash does translate to 1031000.

No matter what, Google thought you had a major version number of 103, and I think now sees a major version of 200. Quite possibly 1.40 might have worked even if 1.4.0 didn’t.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google might be the search leader but it needs to brush up on decimal math!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! It even says 1.31:

1031000 (1.31)

I rest my case

And my head

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so 1.4 would be 1004000, and 1.40 would be 1040000. Going from 1.31 to 1.4 is downward not upwards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - unless I've missed something it's behaving as expected because 31 > 4 ?

The numbers aren't decimals. Think of the comparison as being between 1.031 and 1.004

So if you had a version of 1.32 or above you'd be ok.

2.0 is fine as the major version number 2 is greater than 1.

1.4 is not as the minor version number (4) is less than that used previously (31).

1.40 would be fine as 40 is greater than 31.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2014 0