100+ year long animation

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about Animate to see if it will work for me.

I am looking for software to create an animation with extremely slow transitions that will run for an extremely long time. First, I want to know if I can set a long time between transitions (like months) and how long I can drag out a transition between frames. My goal is to make a relatively simple animation take 100 plus years to complete as something occurs in near real time. Is this possible with animate?  Second, is this possible without making a stupidly humongous file?  (Hence the desire to set a long time between transitions)
I apologize if my terminology is wrong for Animate, I've not used it before.  
Thanks!
Sol
TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious how you will go about testing the animation.

The timeline in Animate has a 16000 frame limit. You can work around that by making movieclips, one per frame, each of which could have 16000 frames. That would give you an animation that is 98 days long, at 30 frames per second. Each of those movieclips could have a set of movieclips, and you could have an animation that is over 4000 years long.

It may not be worth the effort though, you could do the transitions using code instead, and only need as many frames as there are different images.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines