• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding clicktags while using adobe animate (URGENT)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an Interstitial ad using Adobe Animate. I am having trouble with the clickTags. First I need 2 separate click tags, one is for the CTA button and the other is for the entire canvas. Lastly I need a clickTag to for the close button. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to get this to work. Can someone please help me with this. The ad is for Google Doubleclick. I am using a Mac. Let me know what other info i need to provide. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

hi,

I'm not sure exactly how it works with google double-click --- but you mentioned it was important... wonder if either of these would work?

this.closeBtn.addEventListener("click", window.close);

<a href="javascript&colon;window.open(window.clickTag)"><canvas id="canvas" width="300" height="250"></canvas></a>

good luck!

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i think I figured out the clicktags for the buttons but I still need help with the close button. This is super urgent, can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I'm not sure exactly how it works with google double-click --- but you mentioned it was important... wonder if either of these would work?

this.closeBtn.addEventListener("click", window.close);

<a href="javascript&colon;window.open(window.clickTag)"><canvas id="canvas" width="300" height="250"></canvas></a>

good luck!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first script worked perfect, I didn't have to do anything else. Now my ad closes when that button is clicked. I also figured out the clickTag coding myself. Thank you for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome! Good job! And... now you know!

Glad I was able to help.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm after the same result, but I'm uncertain where this could should be placed within the rest of my code. ie, is it within the <head> <body> or somewhere else? If you can't already tell, I'm not the most confident with code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi there,

the top script would go in the <head> </head> tag. The other script would go around the button within the <body> text wrapped around the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think I messed up on the clickTags this stuff is so confusing, what do I add to the actions in Animate and what do I add to the HTML file? I only have clickTag links, the CTA button and the rest of the page, which point to the same link. I know I am not allowed to point directly to a website and can only put "_blank". I was also told that this was being put into Campaign Manager. As you can tell, this is my first rodeo so I appreciate all the help I can get. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends.... you mention CLOSING the ad... if its in a pop-up browser you can just close the browser or have a button with the javascript I sent.

Otherwise I assume you might put an invisible button on top of your banner with the click tag that takes them to your product page? Normally the client or whoever is handling the ad sends you appropriate click-tags for tracking.

If you send me the file and give me more information I can try to help further. Not much time today (I'm cooking for a dinner date in a couple hours), but I can get to it tomorrow! 🙂

Thanks,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, thank you for your help with this. Yes this is an interstitial ad that will need a close button as well as 2 clicktags that will link out. How do I share the file with you, Should I attach the Adobe Animate file? good luck with that dinner date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, so you will need 3 different buttons, and 3 different click tags. Yes, you can attach at the bottom where it says "Drag and drop here of browse files to attach"

Dinner night was great! 🙂

cheers,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines