• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2018, 3 years later

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. adobe animate 2018 is crashing on the startup screen when it says "Loading Document Templates" or something like that. i have read a lot of the community posts for animate 2018 saying that the problem has an update that was released as the "July 2018 update" or that i need to uninstall and reinstall but it isn't working. i can't update it because animate doesn't appear on creative cloud which is probably because my friend just sent the programme files to me. and the reinstall thing has been done multiple times. is there any fixes. i would prefer to stick to animate 18 as i dont have the money to SUBSCRIBE to the newer ones.

TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have got the cc desktop app installed and as you probably know of my post, it isnt appearing. is there any way to add it to the cc desktop app, like in steam where you can add a non steam app to your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but you can get it from prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunatley its doing the same thing as what my friends copy of the programme does, even though i have them installed in two different places. i think its quite simply the fact that my computer cant run animate or maybe im running animate and both copies havent got the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an adobe cc subscription or trial?

if yes,

what's the adobe id associated with that subscription/trial?

and is it a trial or is it a subscription?

and what's the start date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe id associated is the one to this account. i dont know how to find the actual id.

i am running the trial version of animate but i dont have a subscription to cc. only apps.

the start date is on the 14 february for when i downloaded from prodesigntools.com and the copy from my friend, it didn't have trial date or it just didn't show me the option to go onto a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your "friend" can't send you a copy that does anything other than cause additional problems.  maybe that's why you're having problems.

in any case, if you don't have a subscription, you're not going to be able to use animate, at all, beyond a 7 day trial which is likely already expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines