• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2020 - Deleted my File completely for some reason.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey anyone reading this , I need some help as to if I can recover my previous file which has been deleted for some reason. I've always had some problems with Adobe Animate in the past and each time I use it for a couple of hours I expect at least one crash to happen for some random reason. But pretty mucha ll the time when it crashes I can open it back up and have my recover save file there and ready to use where I left off. Now comes the current problem. I was using Adobe Animate again today like normal and I get a message the "adobe qutting for unkown reason." So I figure okay I'm used to this. It quits and I lauch adobe animate back up again like I usually do. But now when I go to my recent files instead of having my recover file there like usual, it wasn't there. Then I went to recent files to see if my file was there. I was glad that my file was there but when I clicked it adobe stated this message which I'll attach below. I then began to seach my whole computer for this adobe animate file but it seems to be deleted off the face of the earth for some reason. It's pretty frustrating to have something that I've been working on for countless hours the past couple for days just heen gone and unable for me to recover.

My question to anyone if someone can help me is, is it possible to reover this file and how would I go about doing it? Thank you. Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 1.40.51 PM.png

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open AutoRecoverFilenames.txt** and see if there was a saved file and, if so, check the folder location listed

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines