• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.9 crashes when the apostrophe key (') is pressed. - Mac 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate unexpectedly crashes when any file is open and I press the apostrophe (') key in the keyboard by accident. To confirm, I'm refering to the key that usually sits to the right to the semicolon/colon (;/:) key - usually found in this sequence in a full keyboard J K L ; ' . No warning is given, and the program closes without prompting to save the file. I've tested this behaviour with different files and the conditions are usually the same: one file open, it does not matter which tool is being used, one or more presses on the key in the keyboard causes the program to close. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thyago U. , were you able to solve the problem by reseting preferences ?

If you're still facing issues, please provide following details -

1. Locale (language) of MacOS/Animate being installed.

2. Crash report that gets generated after Animate crashes - save the report in a text file and attach the file here.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sukhesh. the reset suggested by kglad did not solve the problem. Here's my system info:

MacOS 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro (2019) - 2.4 GHz 8-Core intel Core i9 - 64 RAM - AMD Radeon Pro 5600M

Language of system: English US International
Animate version: 21.0.9 - English

Crash report attached.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sukhesh Shenoy . Any news about this issue? It is also happening on version 22.00. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work at SketchUp, and we have had some users reporting a crash when pressing the key that is underneath the Esc key (on a US keyboard it's the ` key). They too are using an International system and keyboard. Not sure why it happens, but it may be a more general problem, and not only Animate and SketchUp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines