Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update Adobe Animate 2021 crash in iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same probblem. Already uninstalled and reinstalled still getting this Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.05.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already uninstalled and reinstalled still getting this 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, firewall and antivirus programs prevent you from launching Animate. You can turn them off or disable them, restart your computer, and then try to relaunch Animate. Also , open task manager , and end all adobe related processes , and relaunch the application .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an antivirus and I tried everything. I went back one version and it works without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm .. i think its a problem with the application then .

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, me too. I tried opening a 2020 file that I was working on and it kept crashing. I initially thought it had problems opening older versions, so I resigned to redoing the work on the 2021 version. It's only then that I realised that Adobe Animate 2021 CANNOT EVEN OPEN ON ITS OWN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only solution is to install previous version.

In Creative Cloud under Apps > Animate click the 3 dots to install previous version

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.08.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, already did! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChudTsankov @Zap Zapatos @maxchionh @Akash5E36 / All

This happens when there is one or more corrupted fonts installed on Mac. One of the common component handling fonts is failing to load the corroupted fonts and leading to this issue. While we are looking into it, can you please Validate fonts using Font Book on macOS by following the steps given in https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#validatefonts and see if that helps? 

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the font validation in Font Book, removed those with warnings/errors then reinstalled Animate 2021. I'm still getting the same error message (quit unexpectedly).

Thanks anyway! Will be reverting back to Animate 2020 in the meantime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Validated all fonts in Font Book without error.

The endless, predictable crashing on launch continues…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem. I've validated the fonts as suggested to no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We (University of Michigan) are seeing this as well.   All of the other updates from a few weeks ago are working as expected, but Animate 2021 crashes on launch all the time.

If this is a "corrupted font" issue -- then it's something a ton of people have.   How do we get logs in front of somebody at Adobe to look at this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve5E36 could you please validate the fonts using Font Book on macOS by following the steps given in https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#validatefonts and see if that helps? 

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran Font Book -- it passed 4,233 fonts.   (I have over 4000 Fonts in /Library/Fonts)

It reported 5 system fonts with "serious errors" -- I removed them and Animate 2021 still crashes at launch.

It reported 24 fonts with "minor problems" -- But Font Book does not allow you to remove those if you select them.

Animate 2020 *does* work on this system without touching the fonts.   Animate 2021 crashes at application launch.

I did install a clean essentially macOS-only that only has Animate 2021 on it (no other CC apps)-- and Font Book reports only 233 Fonts on that (nothing with errors or problems) with only 2 fonts in /Library/Fonts -- and Animate 2021 runs on that system successfully.

Does Animate 2021 have a problem if a system has a *lot* of fonts where 2020 does not?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW -- I spend a number of hours over the weekend trying sets of Fonts (including things that "Font Doctor" said were duplicates, etc...) and while I *can* get Animate 2021 to launch without crashing, there are no specific fonts that cause it to crash (ie, I got down to something like 1150 fonts and it wouldn't crash, but if I then swapped those 1150 fonts with what might have been "crashing" fonts -- Animate 2021 would then still open with the "crashing set" of fonts.

This sounds like a bug in Animate 2021 (as the same set of fonts are fine in 2020) -- how do we get some attention from Adobe to get logs, etc, to get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have sent you a private message with the details. Please check.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan,

same here... pls send me a privat message so I can send you the crash file...

best regrads

Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nils - I have just dropped you a private message with the details, please check.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same: Adobe Animate 2021 quit unexpectedly. On macOS 10.14.6. Tried uninstalling, re installing. Same issue. Crashes on open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled latest version (Animate 21.0) and installed older version (Animate 20.5.1) - am at least able to open Animate and work now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. Going back to 2020 after atleast 3 installing and uninstalling excercise. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

I had to reinstall the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines