• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Advanced Layers button errors

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was almost finished creating my first animation in adobe animate using Action Script 3.0 when I ran into a problem coding my buttons. I am trying to create a game that is determined on the decisions the audience makes while watching and interacting with the animation. There are points in the game where the main character stops and there are two buttons that appear so the audience can choose between them to either progress the story along or end it abruptly with a game over and restart button. My first button on frame 1 to start the game goes without any errors or problems, every one after that seem to not work and give me this error message... 

Scene 1, Layer 'Actions', Frame 219, Line 17, Column 1 1120: Access of undefined property btn_bub_NO.

I read pretty thoroughly into adobes help center on this issue, something having to do with advanced layers and turning them off, but that is the last thing I want to do because it eliminates my chance of using the camera tool. Please if anyone can help with this it would be very much appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does disabling advanced layers cause your buttons to work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for the reply, second, it does but once it is disabled it takes away my camera work which really helps create a sense of direction for the story of my animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i've seen that in an older animate version (and the solution) was to assign the layer a name (or use the default one) and then use that layer name as the parent of the on stage objects (in that layer).

eg, in layer_1, if you have an instance with name mc_1, on the layer_1 timeline, use:

this.layer_1.mc_1.addEventListener(etc...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is crazy but have you thought of converting your game to HTML5/javascript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im going to give it a try! Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines