• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC .fla file has an error while opening

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past month I've been working on an animation and it took a lot of effort and hard work, but suddenly today I tried to open the file and it says "An error occurred opening file "C:\Users\(my name)\Documents\The thing I'm wowking on.fla". When I click "OK", another error pops up "A JavaScript error occurred In file "Publish.jsfl": Error: File 'C:\Users\(my name)\Documents\The thing I'm wowking on.fla' could not be opened"

After clicking OK again, Animate then shows me a black screen. The File, Edit, View, and everything else is still there. I tried finding how to fix this issue for the past hour but I eventually gave up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

make sure you have the latest version of animate.  if you do, your fla is corrupt.

you can look for a recovery file* and you can try repairing by renaming the fla to a rar, using winrar to repair, renaming the repaired rar to a fla and trying to open the fla in animate.

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you have the latest version of animate.  if you do, your fla is corrupt.

you can look for a recovery file* and you can try repairing by renaming the fla to a rar, using winrar to repair, renaming the repaired rar to a fla and trying to open the fla in animate.

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried that all it did was delete all my symbols and scenes and just left me with images and sound files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this method but it doesn't work in my case unfortunately. This means no hopes to recover my .fla anymore, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct.  that method usually fails, but it's the only (afaik) "repair" method.

however, repair is not the only way to get a working fla.  you may have a working backup (either generated by animate automatically or by you manually) and

1. with as3 projects, you may have a working swf which can often be decompiled to a working fla.

2. with html5/canvas, you can manually edit (in any plain text editor) the js and/or html file.  they'll not be corrupted (though they're not easy to work with even with js,html expertise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you decompile an swf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing will work at all! My project (for school!) is due in only a few more days and I lost 3 days worth of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a decompiler.  in my experience, sothink's is the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the fix although it might be a compromise: i hope it works for you guys as well

so there was comment somewhere on the internet that said that if you have Auto-self recovery turned on your file is never lost. anyways long story short.

i right clicked on the file that was corrupt and went into properties.

all i did was going into the previous version tab and restoring it.

now this will bring a prev version of file. its not a perfect solution but it's better than nothing also i would recommend finding the auto recovery file path if it's missing from the original folder which is usually situated in the *win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

keep in mind that sometimes it has slightly different path.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration

mac:

Users/<username>/Application Support/Adobe/<animate/flash version>/en_US/Configuration/

contains a text file (AutoRecoverFilenames.txt) that contains the path/name to the recovery file, if auto-recovery was enabled when the fla was open and corrupted. (ie, open the text file to find the recovery file path)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have auto recovery enabled, but the AutoRecoverFilenames.txt file was empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you have to start over.   (and start appending increasing version numbers to your animate projects so you don't have this problem in the future.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, alright. thanks for the info. I'll make sure to do that next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.  (and some lessons are learned the hard way.)

after i had a loss of hours of work i learned my lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys do all the things you can, it may work for you but if all the things done by you is not working. 

Then the only thing will work is

if you want to get back your .fla file back, the last option is to convert your swf file into  .fla file from adobe animte you can do this

Click ok file

Then click on New

Then make a new project, action script 3.0

After making a new project 

Click on file 

Then Click on Import

Then Import to Stage

Select your swf file then ok

You will get the things not like previous but yes, you'll get something which you can create again. 

Believe me it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines