Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate is a big oopsie.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aight my first post in community

I have been a faithful Adobe customer and i have paid for this product and every other app bundles in Adobe Store, even for the Creative Cloud service experience. I am and have been a Flash/an Animate user since the day Flash CS6 was released (2012) and also was popular, comparing to this current product, with the latest CC version, Animate CC right now does not even help me get better experience in working especially for a Actionscript developper, as not well as an Animator.

Exact to say, first thing first some tools in Animate are still obsoleted and maybe even bugged out, 3D tools are just projection-to-image translator and doesn't even get full features like Photoshop and Illustrator's Perspective (the 3D projection combining with motion tween still a joke, why shouldn't it deserve to be like After Effect's?) for 8 years since Flash CS6 release day, to the day Flash was ceased and turned into Animate CC and on and on, these features were never meant to be fixed, or updated, or somewhat added with new supports, i love how they managed to change some tools to make Animate compatible, but overall Animate was always bugged out silliness and this does not satisfy me. Can you Adobe please give us a better feature like add-on/plugin, we customize tools and work on our own.

Secondly about my aspect, to me and to every Actionscript user, IS IT SUITABLE to continue using Animate as Flash/AIR development? WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT OF ACTIONSCRIPT 3.0 IN ANIMATE? I'm also keen on coding in AS3, by using Flash CS6 and Animate CC to make programs, games and other application for my jobs, my works, beside animating. There's also Flash Builder, Flex and AIR environment coding program but i still use this Flash/Animate product because it's fast and integrated. And since the 2019 CC update, alot of AS3 documents/templates such as Class, Interface, Java supports and others went useless. For example before the update, there used to be a "Class document definite" in Properties taskbar, which help me to code faster and cleaner in blank window, now i have to put everything into sketchy frames and always have to carefully listed the layer to ensure there's no issue in coding, this is slow and makes no sense, literally time-consuming. And that's why, while looking for product reviews, i wrote my one to you guys, literally too upset and uncomfortable with things i have.

So please, hear me out, i still can understand the process of handling issues due to our time dealing with pandemic but for everyone's sake, i cannot waste my money to a trustful company with kind of product like this.
TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to make feature requests, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

p.s.  as3 can still be used for ios and android applications and, while i don't use templates, class files etc work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well thanks for your concern but can you please specify the term "while i don't use templates, class files etc work"?  i just wonder how can i use class/interface document normally in Animate 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

one way to initiate class file use:

click file>publish settings>advanced actionscript 3 settings (the tool icon at the upper right);

Screenshot - 9_20_2020 , 8_44_28 AM.png

and assign (and then edit ) the document class:

Screenshot - 9_20_2020 , 8_45_11 AM.png

another way (with or without a document class) would be to right click a library symbol>click properties>tick export for actionscript and assign (and then edit) a class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines