• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate taking forever to save

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Animate 2018 because its my preferred version.(imo they ruined the brush anti-alaising in any version above)

Im working on a small-ish animation about 8-10 seconds long.

Granted theres  modest amout of assets in the animation.

But its gotten to the point where its taking so long to save, like 30 seconds+ everytime, its so annoying to work with.

Its a natural reflex to hit Ctrl + S every so often, so its messing up the workflow  hard.

If it was like a 10 minuite animation with loads goin on then ofc fair play, but this is a little 10 second animation.

Are there any fixes for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new directory and save there.  and you should be saving with a new name each time (eg, an appended version number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried saving to my creative cloud instead of my desktop, still takes as long.

What else do you mean by creating a new directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google your os and how to create a new directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I forgot to mention you will have to point your testing files in Animate to the new folder/directory in Publish Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Windows you create a folder in File Explorer.

For Mac you would use Finder and create a folder/directory there.

I am not sure for other OSes. I suppose directory and folder are the same in all OSes. Directory used to be the name for folders in Windows in the earlier versions. It is now mostly changed to "folder". I did not use a mac in the earlier days so I am not sure what they called them then.

So I suppose when kglad wrote "directory" he meant "folder". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue with save times reaching 8 - 10 minutes when I have a duplicate window open.
When I say duplicate window I went up to the 'Window' menu and chose Duplicate window". This was so I could edit the file on my second monitor and still view it on the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D J Ford , creating a duplicate can be a good idea, but you should immediately save it with a new name. 

i always recommend appending an increasing version number to the file name when using animate for several reasons, the most important of which you'll find if animate ever crashes while editing a fla. ie, that fla that was opened during the crash will often be corrupted, but the previous versions will not be corrupted so you never lose a lot of work (assuming you were saving after significant fla changes).

if you do that, it will solve your problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gotta be honest, I have no such problems in recent versions. Fyi the save times have been vastly improved since Animate 2018.

Once in Animate 19.2 https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/whats-new/2019-2.html#main-pars_header_1756921138

And another in Animate 20.0 https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/whats-new/2020/.html#Performance-Stability-Upgraded

Please consider upgrading your version, or have it installed alongside your current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines