Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice needed on selecting product to replace Flash

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community!

I am looking for a product in the Adobe Family to replace Flash.

Not shure which one to use.

The key features I am looking for is the ability to program content and the ability to connect to databases. Appreciate any advice. If my question isnt clear enough, give me a shout.

Regards

Zenkert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's wrong with animate?

but the real question is what are you creating?  a web page? a mobile app?  a video? graphics? something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I have Flash content, a medical education site, that teached ECG interpreation.

You can call it a application.

Below a brief description of what it is:

A variety of ECG´s are presented with 2 interpretation tools that mimics

the tools that are used daily by doctors at work. There´s a lot of AS in those tools.

The users take an exam, when they are ready, after improving their skills

in ECG interpreation, and it will give them an offical document

that they can use upgrading their cirrculum.

The results from det exams and the training are saved in a database, and presented in standard webpages.

I hope this is enough to give me further guidance.

Zenkert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, this is an online site where users open your ecg app in their web browser and learn to read ecgs and test their knowledge.

animate (canvas/html5) is the perfect tool to convert that as3 ecg app into a html5 ecg app: none (or close to none) of the graphics and timeline(s) will need changing.  all of the actionscript will need to be changed (to createjs/javascript).

if you have fair knowledge and comfort with javascript and as3, you can probably do this yourself (if you have the time and inclination).  if you want to hire someone to do this for you, send me a private message.  (i have expertise in animate, html5, javascript and i'm a pediatrician.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you got that right.

The existing content is programmed in AS2.
I have a very minimal knowledge of AS3 and javascript.

I will give a go, just to see if I can grasp it.

If not, I will contact you in PM in about a week.

Does that sound fair to you?

Have a nice day!

Zenkert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my mistake; you don't need to learn as3. 

i assumed the as used was as3, but if it's as2, you just need to know as2 and createjs/js so you can convert the as2 to createjs/js.

to be sure, open your as2 project in animate.  because animate doesn't understand as2, it's going to balk at the code but i think it will comment that out which is perfect.

once open in animate click file>convert to>html5 canvas.

you might see some warnings, but all the graphics and the general layout and organization of the fla will be unchanged from the as2 project you created.  all the code will be commented-out so nothing (that depends on code) will work.

you need to go through your code in chunks and translate the as2 functionality into createjs/js.

createjs is a js library that makes coding in animate easier (for many things).  for functionality not included in createjs, just use plain js (or even jquery - just add any component to automatically include that framework).

here's the createjs api, CreateJS | A suite of JavaScript libraries and tools designed for working with HTML5

p.s. if you run into specific problems, just post in this forum and, for things that don't require file downloads and are not lengthy, you can get free help.  ie, anything i can answer in a forum, is free.  and there are others here that may help, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines