• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 20 years, unlock layer still equals "fill"

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having this issue since at least 1998. I'm astounded that Adobe's been able to let unfixed design flaws and bugs drag on for so long, and try to cash in on old software by just slapping a new name on it. Animate is one of them, and I have quite a list of unfixed problems it still has after 20 years. I think the devs are afraid to touch the code, and the higher ups just don't care, unsurprisingly, hence the cash grab.

Correct me if I don't understand this one correctly, but say you have a fill that was selected on a layer. You lock the layer, select a different color, and then unlock the layer. Is it supposed to automatically fill that layer with the currently selected color? 

This is a really destructive flaw that makes me lose work and waste time, as this can sometimes occur without realizing. Unlocking a layer shouldn't assume it should be filled, even if it was previously selected before it was locked. 

Please see attached video for demonstration. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see why that should work because you're deselecting the object when you lock a layer, and when you unlock a layer.

why don't you select the fill on stage, then select the fill color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the misunderstanding. So it does work the way I described. (Always has, unfortunately) I'm actually not trying to fill anything. It just does that if a fill is selected, then the layer is locked that it was on. Select a new color, and unlock the layer - that fill is now changed to the newly selected color, without explicitly filling it myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see the problem.  i tried to duplicate the steps:

1. select a shape

2. lock its layer

3. select a different filll color

4. unlock layer

https://www.kglad.com/Files/forums/fill_question.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I with Kglad, I am not seeing a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot reproduce it after I closed the document and reopened it. I'll update this with the steps after I know it how to reproduce it consistently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok. keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines