Exit

AIR for Android, insert and playback video

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Animate.]

Hi!

Do you have a tutorial on how to work videos files in adobe animate, using air for android.

i need to create a simple interactive with a video in loopmode, with a button that when touched sends you to a frame with another video.

i insert the video as external video with playback component. video is h264 mp4. When i test the movie or publish , i get everything but no videos shows.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add the flvplayback component to your android project and include a skin that has the controls you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks kgland,  not sure how to do this. 

What I do is the same I do if working with target: flashplayer 32. usually i do this:

File > Import > Import video...
Load external video with playback component (i browse for my file: a video in pm4 format exported using Adobe media encoder)

click NEXT>

Select skin

click NEXT>

click FINISH 

this works fine when target flashplayerBut when I do this with target: Air for Android, I get an image of the first frame on the canvas (attached image 1), but when I test the movie using Air Debug Launcher, I only get the playback skin, but no video. Also when publishing the Apk.

Do i have to add additional information somewhere, or place the video file at a specific location manually? 

appreciate all the help thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click file>publish settings>air wrench and add your video file to the included files:

kglad_0-1616526624074.png

kglad_1-1616526636100.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!!  thanks!

test and apk publish workd great. ! 

only thing i get this error when publishing. 

warning_1.png

I oppened the permission tab and selected manually and publish again, got this message:

warning_2.png

It doesnt affect the performance of the video.  but would like to know what it is and how i can avoid it.

will now work on making the complete interactive app

thanks again!

o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines