• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha channel video render problem (black stage coming through)

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with Animate CC rendering video with white objects turning grey and having dark borders when video is rendered with alpha channel. Even if the stage is white, it renders the top layer as if there is a black stage underneath. This was never a problem in CS6, but it seems to be a permanent bug in CC. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

The team confirmed that they have logged a bug for it and will be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you provide step by step instructions on how to reproduce this issue so that I can share it with the Animate support team for their investigation?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me:

1. In a new FLA, white stage, make a green circle.

2. File/Export/Export Video, uncheck Media Encoder, uncheck make alpha, export to last frame.

3. Open the single frame MOV in Photoshop. Note how lovely the antialiasing is between the green and the white.

4. File/Export/Export Video, check the box to generate alpha channel.

5. Open the MOV in Photoshop. Notice how the edges of the green have a grayness to them. It shouldn't, it should have alpha transparency to whatever is behind it.

In other words, Animate is premultiplying against black, when it shouldn't do. This image shows the results from Animate on the left, and what it should look like on the right:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/greendots.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Colin, Yes, that exactly explains the issue, and it seems to be a glitch with the Animate that didnt exist when it was Flash.

Preran, is this an issue that will be dealt with in a future update of Animate CC? It is quite a fundamental flaw in the program and renders it all but useless for making animated video content with alpha channels now.

thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin: Thank you for clarifying the issue.

Tim: Let me check with the team if they have a bug logged for this issue. I will get back as soon as I have some info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, thankyou. Fingers crossed they can get it fixed...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team confirmed that they have logged a bug for it and will be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've been having the same problem, even in the latest version, Animate CC 2020. Has this issue not been addressed, or are there any workarounds available? 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the correct answer and it's been a long time and it still isn't working. 👎

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"will be fixed in a future update" -> Adobe said this 3 years ago! In Animate 2020 this issue still persists, in other words Animate is premultiplying against black. Please fix. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now 2021 and the issue is still there, wow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a solution that works for me, at least if you're talking about importing Animate video into After Effects. When you import the clip, it brings up a dialog box asking how to interpret the alpha channel. Press the "Guess" button, and then OK, and... it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too but this didn't work for me. I have tried to export a PNG sequence and a MOV both with an alpha channel. The graphics always have an unsightly edge. It doesn't matter what I do in After Effects because the graphics which come out of Animate CC already have this problem. I think that's what needs to be fixed. I've attached an image to demonstrate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines