• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amending Animate file after importing into After Effects?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've imported an Animate file into After Effects and its set everything up as expected.

I needed to go back and tweak an animation in Animate but couldn't work out how to update/refresh that animation in After Effects.

Have I missed something or is there a simple way to do it that someone could help me with?

Many thanks

Steve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

i would think you would need to reimport your animate file and repeat your edits.  you can check in the ae forum to see if there's some way to dynamically link ae with the animate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would think you would need to reimport your animate file and repeat your edits.  you can check in the ae forum to see if there's some way to dynamically link ae with the animate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kglad, 

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes it was basically a case of making the tweaks in Animate that i needed, then re-importing the Animate file into After Effects and when it asks where to store the SWF you just select the same location as before.

It then updates all the SWFs in that folder and updates them all in AE too.

Sometimes I had to hit Reload Footage to update them, but I got there in the end.

Cheers, Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can import .fla files into Animate, but I'm not quite sure if it's an absolute dynamic link like Character Animator and Premiere/AE where you can just press SAVE, and boom... its updated. Since Animate has SWF files, I am not sure if a simple save in Animate will do the trick. I know some people are not too fond of the bulky flash import and just import SWF files... in that case you can could simply export a new SWF to the same folder with the same name, and your AE file will be updated.

Hope this helps.
cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines