Animate 20.0.1 says "errore" when opening some files

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just had trouble opening a good many old Animate files (created around 2015).

I thought "Oh, no... corrupt files?!?"

Instead, I solved it by downloading Animate 21.0.9. Files were opened perfectly.

So, the latest Animate has a problem with some files (Adobe please look into this).

This (I hope useful) post is for those who've bumoed into thie problem.

cheers

adobe error.jpg

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise for the typos in my post. I must be dumb but I can't find an EDIT button anywhere to correct it... (?!?).

Josh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/problems-with-an-old-fla-files-as-a-xmas-gift/td-...

More of the same:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/i-just-upgraded-to-adobe-animate-22-0-and-i-can-n...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this additional info, Nick. I hope it's really just a bug! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried the latest adobe animate 22.0.1?

Multimedia Developer, Character Creator, and Animator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the version I have and that won't open a large bunch of old files.

I can't say which date the "cutoff" would be, prior or latter to which the problem arises, but I tried some files from last year and they opened OK. The ones that wouldn't open go back five or six years, say 2015 - 2016.

Animate 2021 (21.0.9) will open them all fine. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, this problem has not been solved by latest update 20.0.

I am still getting error messages when opening old files (not ancient files... just old ones, like from 2016). I can still open them with 21.0.9, but this remains a very worrisome bug.

What if 21.0.9 gets discontinued? Without that army knife will we just be left with loads of lost old work?

Please Adobe, speak up...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errata corrige: I meant of course the problem has not been solved by 20.0.2. The "2" was lost in typing.

Question: why can't Adobe Community posts be edited? Or at least, I can't find any button to do this. Thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just keeping track of this bug... just updated to version 22.0.3 and still can't open not even old but simply old-ish files.  Please Adobe, check this bug out, its' a pretty scary one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am again: just installed 22.0.4, bug still there, holding on stoically.

Still can't open old files. "Error", "Error", "Error".....

This gets more and more worrisome. Adobe, are you there?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usual update, bug still not fixed.

Animate 22.0.5 cannot open files dating back to 2016 - 2017. Still need to dedicate useless Disk space to Animate 2021 just to be sure I can open old work. 

Adobe? Hey...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usual update, bug still not fixed.

Animate 22.0.5 cannot open files dating back to 2016 - 2017. Still need to dedicate useless Disk space to Animate 2021 just to be sure I can open old work. 

Adobe? Hey...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines