• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Commands folder location?

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to install a set of JSFL scripts to use as commands. The only commands folder I've been able to locate on my Windows 10 machine is here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\Common\First Run\Commands

I copied the JSFL scripts into that folder, but they don't show up in the Commands menu in Flash. I need them to, in order to allow them to be matched with a hotkey and used in my workflow. Any reason this might not be working? Is there a different location I should be using?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

AppData is an invisible folder, you need to type the path into the file explorer path to get into the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\<language>\Configuration\Commands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason this folder does not exist: there is no AppData in my username folder. I have the most recent version of Animate CC - is there some kind of change in the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AppData is an invisible folder, you need to type the path into the file explorer path to get into the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there it is! Thanks - I've also changed my system settings per recommendations below so that folders like AppData are no longer hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that instead of figuring out your user name for the path, you can just use the environment variable. For Animate CC 2017 (English), this is the path to the commands folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Commands

I'm not actually sure what would happen in non-English installs of Animate if you try to drop command scripts under en_US. Might be worth investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your user folder is visible. I was only proposing typing AppData at the end of the path after you have navigated to your user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first looked for AppData I did try the show hidden folders approach, but it was somewhat confusing. Just typing in the path is a lot easier and quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been the same since about win 95 and is one of the first things i do when setting up a new computer.  leaving files hidden is only appropriate for window's novices, esp. mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac there are utilities that make toggling invisible items on and off very easy. But again, just typing in the file path gets you there even if hidden folders are set to be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add your jsfl files as commands under Commands menu in Animate CC, follow these steps (for Animate CC 2015.2):

1. Close Animate CC if it is running.

2. Copy your jsfl files at following location:

On win : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2015.2\<your locale>\Configuration\Commands\

On Mac: /Users/<Username>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Animate\ CC\ 2015.2/<your locale>/Configuration/Commands\

3. Start Animate CC and check commands menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to restart Animate to add JSFL commands. It automatically detects new commands on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and successfully got the items in my command window but I am unable to execute the command.

It says: runscript error: invalid argument number 1.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've found the commands folder, then your question is not appropriate for this thread.

If you'd like help troubleshooting a JSFL script, start a new thread. In that thread, provide more details than just an error message if you want to have any hope of getting a useful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't want to deal having to sort this out:

- Create a jsfl file in an easy-to-remember place with just this:

FLfile.runCommandLine('explorer ' + fl.configDirectory + 'Commands');

- Run this file as a command (Commands > Run Command). This opens up an explorer window to the commands directory.

- If you find yourself creating a lot of scripts, you may want to move this script to your commands folder too. Call it something like "Actually Manage Saved Commands".

- The best part about this is that it works regardless of Animate/Flash version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines