• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate crashes with no warning and corrupts all my files

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been working on a piece of animation about a minute long for the past couple of months and a few days ago, it crashed and corrupted the file (error opening xyz). I managed to get it back with the WinRAR trick and decided to save a new version every time instead of overwriting the same file in the hope that it wouldn’t happen again. Now it’s crashed again and corrupted 10-12 previous versions (so I do have something salvageable at least) and I don’t know what the problem is. I need to fix it before something happens and I can’t get it back because hundreds of hours of work could be gone. If anyone can un-corrupt the file, it would be VERY much appreciated.

TOPICS
Other , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A crash can only corrupt a file which is currently open.

It cannot corrupt previous versions which are saved on the disk.

If previous versions appear corrupted it is most likely due to damaged cache.

My suggestion is to try and clear the cache and also install an older version of Animate separately to always be able to test your files in case of damaged cache as this issue is, obviously, installation specific.

https://flash-powertools.com/suddenly-broken-shape-tweens-in-flash-animate-after-a-crash/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have the later version of adobe animate 21.0.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines