Animate is a waste of tiime

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent all day trying to accomplish a very simple task. I want to make an interactive button, with a particular shape, which, when clicked, displays some text. Could anything be simpler? But at every turn with Animate I'm forced to learn Actionscript. This is like buying a car and being given a book on automotive engineering. Seriously,  is there an alternative to this piece of trash? I mean really, I can hardly believe any human being has the patience to learn this program.

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you creating an actionscript document?  are you trying to make a mobile app?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just jumping into Animate and seeing what you can do? 

It's actually very, very easy to create a button.

Adobe Animate User Guide > How to create buttons with Animate

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/user-guide.html/in/animate/using/creating-buttons.ug.html

There are also come great tutorials here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/tutorials.html

From what you're described, you should just need a Button Symbol in one Frame and the text you want to display in another.  I've found it helfpul to use Labels to control which Frame a button jumps to.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you consider Animate trash and find it so problematic to use - there is other software out there. Honestly, it isn't for everyone and that is fine!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines