• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate keeps selecting everything

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate keeps selecting the whole frame when i go to a different frame and it's made it difficult and annoying for me to use and i can't find help anywhere.

i saw a poster who had the same problem as me and the answer was "click the frame numbers instead", an though that works, ive tried it and it is more difficult than just using it normally. please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly jump across frames without selecting the contents on that frame.

, or . to move left or right by a single frame.

Alt + , or Alt + . to jump to previous or next keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to quickly jump across frames without selecting the contents on that frame.

, or . to move left or right by a single frame.

Alt + , or Alt + . to jump to previous or next keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Animate 2020 This no longer works. animate will select everything on the current frame randomly when tracking. Losing my mind trying to be productive with all these new issues! Not sure why im paying for this software, I should go back to CS6 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the proper answer to the original question may be that the timeline options have a span based selection option. If that is checked, clicking a single cell will select the whole range, from the previous keyframe to just before the next keyframe. See whether you have that selected. 

image.png

spanbasedselection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that. I just found a script that restores the original functionality from someone else having the exact same issue. Luckily, It fixes it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/deselecting-frames-with-quot-step-forward-backwar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay that may be the case for people that just want to keep using it. but this bug is in the NEWEST VERSION
ither tell me how to change it back or FIX YOUR DAMN SOFTWARE. i have order i need to finish and i cant do crap with this bug. i am trying to make an animation and cant get it to fix so i swear if you simply tell me "just use keybinds" i am going to stop paying and im gonna stop using adobe animate forever. heck ill take the source code and edit it just enough so that it still functions exactly like adobe animate. but mine will be free AND you wont be able to do anything because its techincally not your source code if i edit the way that the code works. so tell me how to fix it or i swear
(im mad right now and i have deadlines please fix this for the love of god)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chicken31757029z3sw 

adobe suggestions have greater effect if made elsewhere.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a symbol on the scene stage it will select all that frames in that layer, if you select a frame on the timeline it selects a frame, but not until you deselect that layer - if you click on a frame on that layer while the whole layer is selected, it'll just select all the frames in that layer again.

It can be a bit frustrating, try to select something else before going back to your layer and selecting the frame you want.

I think the intended functionality is that you can drag those frames, so clicking again only uses the drag function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont understand 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is marked as a correct answer, however it is not. It's a work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines